Welcome, friends! We’re so glad you’re here to join us as we RECAP our extensive and immersive three-day hands-on experience in Napa at the Signature Kitchen Suites (SKS) Experience and Design Center with the Designhounds!
WHAT IS DESIGNHOUNDS?
“Designhounds is the leading network of design micro-influencers and our mission is for our content creators to leverage their own industry connections and insights to produce consistently well-researched, meaningful content that reaches, informs and converts targeted audiences of design professionals and design savvy consumers alike.” – Courtesy of Designhounds.com
In the simplest terms, Designhounds is the leading industry resource and “people connector” for professional designers, design influencers, and the industry’s top leading luxury brands.
Learn MORE about the Designhounds, here.
MEET OUR HOST, SIGNATURE KITCHEN SUITE
Signature Kitchen Suite delivers innovation in the luxury built-in kitchen appliance market with
leading-edge technology that provides more flexibility to prepare food in the best possible way, demonstrating respect for the food at every level.
The new luxury brand from global home appliance leader LG Electronics, Signature Kitchen Suite is embracing a new generation of forward-thinking Technicurean™ cooks, combining their passion for food with their appreciation for innovation.
From the first-of-its-kind built-in SOUS VIDE RANGE to the industry’s ONLY 48″ built- in French Door refrigerator with a convertible drawer, Signature Kitchen Suite’s versatile and high-performance appliances deliver the ultimate precision cooking experience. – SKS Appliances
THE SKS MISSION – WE ARE TRUE TO FOOD
“Delivering performance, design and precision, we demonstrate a respect for food at every level. We honor the ones who are producing it, the ones preparing it, and most of all, the ones lucky enough to be enjoying it.” – SKS Appliances
There are no truer words.
What a thrill it was to be introduced to so many award winning products and the SKS Leadership Team. It was a day of learning and discovery, and in-depth hands-on experiences with the Signature Kitchen Suite Collection and LG Laundry.
Under the enthusiastic guidance of Chef Nick, we broke into teams and prepared a beautiful dinner menu. My team prepared BEEF and experienced the industry’s first and only 48″ Dual-Fuel Pro Range with built-in Sous Vide, Induction and Gas. I had experienced the “sous-vide” technology before as an accessory kitchen tool (see my post about making Limoncello, Sous Vide style, with Chef Nick), but this brings ease, sophistication and massive function to an absolutely gorgeous “all-in-one” range.
SO, WHY TAKE THE TIME TO EXPLORE AND LEARN?
Our clients count on our word, and as a kitchen and bath design-build specialist, it is imperative that we are well versed on anything that we recommend. Even more importantly, is the in-depth in-person education; specifically, the details about a product; it’s installation idiosyncrasies, function, additional cost requirements, and fabrication details that are translated to any and all fabricators and contractors (i.e., electrical, plumbing, and cabinetry). This comprehensive knowledge and service is all part of what we bring to our clients.
Great preparation reduces stress, delays, and ultimately unexpected costs! This is WHY I take the time to learn, and why, this particular week, I went to Napa; to take a deep dive into learning all about the SKS Appliances and LG Laundry products, and get to know the “company” and their mission.
More product peeks and details below, but for now, let’s get a look at our itinerary.
DAY ONE – EDC IMMERSION DAY
It was a comprehensive and immersive experience at the SKS Experience and Design Center. It began with a tour of the center, followed by presentations, discussions, and breakout team cooking on the SKS Appliances.
- Full day at the SKS Experience and Design Center for presentations, programs, and discussions with the SKS leadership and marketing team
- Product overview and facility tour
- Break out interactive hands-on cooking with Chef Nick
- Finishing and plating with Chef Nick
- Dinner Service and Wine Tasting
DAY TWO – EDC IMMERSION PART 2 AND MODENUS TALKS
- Experience and Design Center – Ready, Set, Refresh! Exploring the LG Laundry Experience and a tour of all things laundry.
- Programs and presentations and discussions with the SKS leadership and marketing teams.
- Keynote Speakers:
- Veronika Miller Eagleson, CEO, Modenus Media, inspired us all to re-connect with our creativity.
- Jane Dagmi, Managing Director High Point X Design, inspired us to Show Your Story.
- Linda Holt, Professional Photographer and Interior Designer, inspired us to Capture the Moment with our iPhones and Androids.
- Then it was off to explore Sonoma!
- We toured the glorious Cornerstone Gardens;
- We enjoyed the Sonoma Country Antiques shop for some creative sketching and antique hunting;
- Finally, it was off to meet Florian Roeper of Studio Roeper for a tour of his incredible wood working studio.
- We rounded off the night with dinner at Bottega.
DAY THREE – THE TRUE TO FOOD NAPA EXPERIENCE
- Vineyard Yoga Hike at The Meritage Resort and Spa / Vista Collina, and morning emails and work check in calls.
- Sensory chocolate tasting at Kollar Chocolates and bites (where I won 2nd place in a chocolate decorating contest!!!) HANDS DOWN it was the BEST chocolate I have EVER had, and what an experience it was learning to “taste” chocolate properly; and the wine pairing with chocolate was such a treat. Who knew!
- Hope and Grace wine blending class and bites (I discovered that I am a 50/50 blend gal; 50% merlot/50% cabernet)
- Wine tasting at the beautiful Bouchaine Vineyards.
- Closing dinner at Angele.
So, now that you have a bit of background and have seen our itinerary, let’s take a bit of a deeper look at the product highlights from my trip.
A new generation of luxury is here. There are 38 total appliances in the luxury Signature Kitchen Suite collection, with more on the way. With a full line of luxury built in appliances with integrated leading-edge innovation and technology, SKS provides so many more options to prepare food in the best possible ways.
Although every single product we explored and experienced is totally worth highlighting, I wanted to share a few key takeaways from my experience that impressed me most, and I will link resources to all the beautiful products below.
- Built in Sous Vide yields professional results for the home chef.
- The ultimate in precision, beauty and versatility. Sleek. Sexy. Powerful.
- “True Steam-Combi” is an 18″ integrated combination steam and convection oven cooks food quickly and evenly, while steam preserves the texture, appearance and taste. The 30″ oven features “Pro-Heat” convection technology with a rear-wall element and fan to distribute heat evenly to EVERY rack.
- Two-zone induction is versatile and can be combined for use with a griddle, teppanyaki plate or large cookware.
- Two each “Ultra-High and “Ultra-Low” burners for 23K BTU cooking power (LOVE this for sauce and delicate sugar recipes).
- Speed clean makes clean up a snap in just 10 minutes…using ONLY WATER!
- Gorgeous knobs with a soft LED lighting detail above that keep time and temperature perfectly.
- ALL-IN-ONE FUNCTION: Sous Vide / Induction / Dual Fuel / Gas / Steam / Flexible Grates / Easy Dial “smart” knobs with timers for each independent operation.
LINK TO YOUTUBE – See SOUS VIDE
LINK TO YOUTUBE – See RANGE FEATURES
- Flexibility and precision including an integrated chromium griddle and “ultra-low and ultra-high” burners.
- Get that professional chef’s kitchen look in a 36″ or 48″ cooktop.
- Integrated Sous Vide and two-zone induction with four gas burners.
- Gorgeous knobs with a soft LED lighting detail above that keep time and temperature perfectly.
LINK TO LEARN MORE ABOUT SOUS VIDE – See “WHAT IS SOUS VIDE” and “WHY COOK WITH SOUS VIDE”?
- Panel ready refrigerator and freezer columns with an integrated and discreet filtered chilled water spout, and easy to remove and clean door drawers.
- Hidden and subtle, integrated LED signature lighting focuses on food.
- Movable snack drawer is a perfect feature for at-home chef’s requiring a large customizable space for platters and charcuterie (my personal favorite).
- Precise food preservation engineered to help you do YOUR PART in reducing waste.
- Flexible installation and fit sitting symmetrically with a reversible door, allowing for a proud fit, OR a perfectly panel ready FLUSH FIT (another personal favorite), creating a seamless cabinetry installation.
LINK TO YOUTUBE – See REFRIGERATION
NEW!!! SAY “HELLO” TO THE 48″ FRENCH DOOR REFRIGERATION
- The industry’s first 48″ built-in refrigerator providing designers the opportunity to offer clients never-before-seen storage flexibility and function.
- Convertible drawer (with 5 preset temperatures ranging from 41 to -6 degrees Fahrenheit), dual compressors and metal interior to minimize temperature fluctuations.
- Dual ice maker offers luxury options for standard ice, and the ever-popular and chic, craft ice!
I mean, who doesn’t love a little drama in the kitchen!
Two key products that impressed me in particular were the LG SIGNATURE WASHER/DRYER COMBO with stackable Side Kick mini wash, and the LG STUDIO STEAMER.
Let’s take a look!
LG SIGNATURE Smart Wi-Fi Enabled Washer/Dryer Combo
- The auto dosing function detects laundry soil levels and automatically dispenses the detergent dosage needed to effectively clean your clothes.
- The convenience of LG SmartThinQ® technology that provides remote management of key features.
- A unique circle LCD display in the main washer lets you easily and conveniently control the two washers at once. It keeps track of usage patterns to display frequently used cycles.
LINK TO WASHER / DRYER COMBO – See COMBO DETAILS
THE LG SIGNATURE SIDE KICK
The perfect answer for Laundry needs in a luxury primary en-suite, a guest suite or air b&b or to add a spice of luxury to downsizing!
- Special cycles for Intimates, Hand Wash and Active Wear, each setting is designed to deliver a thorough clean and proper fabric care for items you prefer to wash separately. There’s even a convenient TubClean Cycle to keep your LG SideKick™ fresh, clean and in tip-top condition.
- The compact LG Sidekick™ is specially designed for your small, custom-care laundry loads. So you can clean three days of sweat-laden spin class gear now rather than waiting for a full load in your regular washer.
LINK TO SIDE KICK – See SIDEKICK DETAILS
LG STUDIO STEAMER
The LG STUDIO STYLER is sleek and convenient. It comes in an 18″ and a 24″ column. It refreshes and sanitizes garments in minutes with Smart wi-fi Enabled Steam Clothing Care System. What a perfect addition to your laundry needs, especially for today’s clients, as we navigate a post-Covid world.
Here are a few favorite features of the Styler:
- Touch control hidden display
- Reversible door
- Intertek Certified – Based on Sanitary normal cycle, removes over 99.9% of bacteria from all fabrics and soft toy items and bedding
- Pants crease care
- ThinQ App controlled and WiFi enabled
- Aroma kit
LINK TO STUDIO STYLER STEAMER COLUMN – See STYLER
BUT WAIT! THERE’S MORE!
Are you curious about the Signature Kitchen Suites Collection? I hope so! But there’s even MORE to explore. Here are a few resource LINKS to explore on your own.
LINKS AND REFERENCES
- UNDER COUNTER CONVERTIBLE REFRIGERATOR DRAWER – See REF DRAWER
- REFRIGERATOR / FREEZER COLUMNS – See REF COLUMNS
- REFRIGERATOR / BUILT IN FRENCH DOORS – See REFRIGERATOR
- UNDER COUNTER WINE – See UNDER COUNTER WINE
- WINE COLUMNS – See WINE COLUMN
- STEAM WALL / COMBI OVENS – See STEAM OVEN
- DISHWASHERS – See DISHWASHERS
- MICROWAVE DRAWER – See MICROWAVE
If you have ANY questions about any of these products, I invite you to send me message via this LINK and I will do my best to connect you to the right products and services.
MY KEY TAKEAWAY
As you can see, this trip was dense in learning and important to my business; and YES, it was so much fun! The abundant food and wine were definitely flowing, but it was more than that.
We consider these trips and trade connections ESSENTIAL to our business success. The commitment we have to staying relevant; to delivering the best service and the most up-to-date knowledge we can provide; and to maintain the vital connections and relationships we have within our beloved design-build industry is everything to us and is at the core of our personal integrity and the trust we build with ALL our clients.
My MOST heartfelt thanks to my dear friend, the vibrant powerhouse, Veronika Miller, Designhounds and Modenus Media CEO, and the entire Modenus Media team for developing, maintaining, and expanding these relationship programs, and for fiercely supporting and protecting our value.
My deepest gratitude to the entire SKS APPLIANCES and Designhounds teams for selecting and hosting me for this spectacular week in Napa, and for continuing to create meaningful conversations and experiences that focus on the value of collaboration, community, and quality within the design and build industry!
Huge thanks to ALL our delicious hosts throughout Napa for your gracious and generous time, energy, talent and heart!
My heart is full and deliciously inspired!
FOR MORE CANDID VIEWS OF OUR VISIT TO NAPA, LINK TO VIEW OUR INSTAGRAM REELS / SEE DAY ONE / SEE DAY TWO / SEE DAY THREE
Friends, there is NO OTHER community like the #Designhounds community. It’s leader, Veronika Miller Eagleson, and her dedicated dream team, have a fearless powerful vision (in my own words): To elevate, educate, amplify, and protect the design community and it’s immense value; and to bring together the best-of-the-best designers, products, artists, techies, builders, events, opportunities, and manufacturers to create once-in-a-lifetime career opportunities for travel, partnerships, profit, and deep friendships. I have witnessed all of it. This community is a FAMILY of creative professionals who have each others back and share the same mission and objective: to make the world beautiful and gloriously chic; build profitable and successful businesses and communities; promote the value of design; and ultimately, to give our clients the very best experience and knowledge, and serve their vision and needs with the most up-to-date innovative technology and products available.
These immersive experiences are a celebration of our community, its strength and value. I am honored to have been included and I deeply treasure these friendships!
Photography Courtesy of SKS Appliances, Designhounds, and my iPhone!
If you have any questions about ANY of the items mentioned above, or any questions about your new or current design project, new construction or remodel, and if you would like to WORK WITH OUR TEAM, please say “HELLO”, HERE.
As always, we invite you to join our FOUR POINT FAMILY and connect with us! You can FOLLOW US on Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube and if you LIKE this post, please PIN IT and SHARE IT with friends.
Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to our newsletter for industry trend updates, project reveals, and inspiration.
Thanks for stopping by today, and we’ll see you next time.
Until that time, I wish you joy and blessings!
Thank you for taking the time to write about your Design Hounds Napa Experience and personal interaction with our SKS Education and Design Center. Being part of this for over 5 years, it truly means so much to hear you so eloquently describe in detail what we are doing with the SKS Appliance Brand and our overall mission.
Thank you again for choosing to spend your time with us!
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment here, Will! Our time together in Napa was truly impressive and it means so much to me that you are so pleased with my RECAP! Looking forward to bringing all the new products and knowledge to my clients and working with the SKS team! I am so grateful. xx