Please submit your resume with a cover letter and portfolio that tells us a little about you and your work to firstname.lastname@example.org.
JOB TITLE: INTERMEDIATE DESIGNER
SUPERVISOR: LEAD PROJECT DESIGNER | PRINCIPAL DESIGNER | LEAD CONSTRUCTION CONSULTANT
DESCRIPTION: An interior designer with a minimum of 2+ years of experience in a design firm with the ability to support a team in creating functionally beautiful spaces for residential and commercial clients while using industry knowledge, organization, design experience, creativity, all while keeping within the FOUR POINT #CLEANFRESHMODERN aesthetic.
- Provide design support and administration during all phases of completion and execution of design concepts and projects.
- Manage vendors through all stages of quotes, bidding, project management, and installation in coordination with Senior Management and Resourcing team.
- Organize and maintain schedules and spec sheets, project binders, project samples and material bins.
- Develop concepts, space plans, furniture layouts and custom furniture designs.
- Draft floor plans, elevations, and furniture in AutoCAD, and 3D renderings in SketchUp. If proficient, we will consider Chief Architect.
- Work with the design, and purchasing and procurement teams, to maintain project purchase orders, specifications, and invoices.
- Work on projects from all phases of design from concept and schematic design through installment, including but not limited to: furniture schedules, vendor management and communication, sourcing, project management, site visits, management of project samples and sample library, and project installations.
- Assist the Senior Design Team in the set up of client presentations and creation of presentation boards to include mood boards, FF&E, surface materials, color palettes, fabrics, and lighting.
- Be present to assist in onsite meetings with clients, construction team and subs as needed by reviewing project progress and schedule, and recording notable updates during meetings.
- Running sample pick-ups from vendors, visits to warehouse, and miscellaneous tasks outside of office setting.
- Maintain quality control throughout the projects to completion, including finished construction, furniture construction, punch lists for contractors, and follow through.
- Onsite supervision with vendors and projects in general. Site visits to vendors workrooms, shops, to track construction progress.
- Attention to detail and confidence is a MUST to oversee custom fabrication and communicate corrections to fabricators and contractors as needed.
- Maintain client communications, relations, and administration in coordination with the Senior design and management teams.
- Manage tasks on multiple projects at once.
- Work with Principal and Senior design team on installations and photoshoots.
- Desire to grow with a self-motivated mindset.
- Minimum of 2+ years of Interior Design Experience, from interior design and build specific firms.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Interior Design or related field from an accredited school.
- Minimum of 2+ years of exposure to residential construction process and reading construction and architectural documents.
- Proficient in Google Drive, Outlook, Microsoft, Excel, PowerPoint, is required.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, SketchUp, and Adobe Creative Suite, is required.
- Detailed knowledge of finishes, materials, and standard specification and terminology for design related items and their appropriate application. Practical knowledge of design styles and eras.
- Knowledge and experience on construction sites is a plus.
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team. Ability to be flexible with tasks and delegate tasks to self and others.
- Strong communication skills, including being able to lead in person and/or conference call meetings, write thorough and organized emails for vendors, clients and team.
- Extremely organized and detail oriented with schedules, emails, communication, drawings and presentations.
- Confident in making design decisions and project management skills; ability to anticipate team and projects needs and plan ahead.
- Reliable car and willing to travel.
- Ability to physically work on tasks including shopping, hauling samples, installation days.
- Familiar with design vendors, including furniture, fabric, lighting, tile/plumbing, rugs, etc.
- Proficient in utilizing an iPhone camera.
If you would like to join our dynamic, innovative, and collaborative team, where your ideas will be encouraged and your skills will be challenged, please send us your cover letter, resume, and salary history as one PDF file to Hello@4ptdb.com and note “Intermediate Designer – (your name)” in the subject line.
No phone calls please.
Please include your best work samples of AutoCAD, SketchUp, Architectural Drafting and Detailing, hand sketching, and mood boards along with your resume and cover letter. Please tell us about your relevant skills, and please highlight your minimum 2 years of hands-on work experience.
Candidates who to not provide work samples and do not meet the minimum qualifications will not be considered.
We look forward to your submission!
FOUR POINT DESIGN BUILD INC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
CONTACT US at Hello@4ptdb.com