Welcome back! If this is your FIRST time here, WELCOME! We’re so glad you’re here, and we are so excited to share our modern farmhouse design project with you!
This project is a beautiful example of how, when there’s a solid procedural structure in place, a great team of perfectionists and artists working in their super-powers, and there is a collaborative mission where everyone is working toward the same goal [a beautiful, successful, high-quality project; happy and satisfied clients; brought in on-time and on-budget], and most importantly, when there is TRUST and FAITH in our TEAM, that ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE. This is one of those projects, and we hope you love it!
// A TUXEDO-STYLE MODERN FARMHOUSE MAKEOVER
Our mission for this modern farmhouse kitchen was to design a bright, open, “eat in” kitchen for a busy family yearning to re-create the favorite memories of childhood.
- Increase storage capacity and organization
- Create additional workspace and increase countertop surfaces
- Customize the cabinet function for maximum flow and use
- Add more light
- Increase the overall feeling of the size of the space
- Add a “wow” focal point
- Add a his/hers beverage/coffee center
- Incorporate the laundry room into the kitchen
- Increase the general efficiency with regard to plumbing and electrical
- Build within the client’s summer timeline, start to finish, approximately 10 weeks for construction
- Front load the project so well, that the project was completed on time and on budget (and in 10 weeks)
- Bring the family “together” by adding a place for the kids to do homework, and the family to gather for “a proper Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner”.
- Redesign, remove, relocate and rethink the existing spaces and intimately consider the clients personal lifestyle needs and vision.
- Remove the wall that separated the two (small) dining and kitchen spaces.
- Rework, relocate, and upgrade all plumbing and electrical to accommodate new appliances and reconfigured laundry area.
- Increase the storage by designing efficient and high performing cabinetry and upgrade the cabinetry interiors for maximum use of space and performance.
- Increase the existing kitchen “closet” size to allow for a proper laundry room and creatively “conceal” within the kitchen when not in use.
- Install all new beautiful MONOGRAM appliances, plumbing, and lighting.
- Select and install a large family farmhouse table which doubles as a work space and remains the centerpiece of their NEW kitchen.
- We even tucked in a few luxuries, while tending to the “his and hers” special moments for entertaining. We installed a custom porcelain “restaurant quality” magnetic chalkboard for the kids, that really DOES clean up well.
Before we jump into seeing the AFTER photos, we thought you’d like to understand where we started.
In these next few images, you can see that the existing kitchen and dining room were dated, dark, small, and separated. Overall, both spaces were crowded with no circulation, organization, or efficiency.
The existing kitchen was small and there was virtually NO counter space for prep or cooking. The cabinets were dated, dark and all the appliances needed replacing.
The ceilings were very low in the kitchen space, which made the kitchen feel even smaller.
The dining room was also very small and separated from the kitchen, so homework and meal prep work happened in two separated areas. The fireplace in the adjacent family room created an “opening” making two of the three walls basically, unusable, and there was little to no circulation and flow to the space.
As you can also see, there was also virtually no natural daylight in the family dining and gathering area with only ONE lighting source, there were shadows which doesn’t invite a lengthy stay.
// LAUNDRY ROOM
The existing laundry room was in a closet where the client had removed the doors for ease and access.
The washer/dryer and existing storage, were completely “visible” in the center of the kitchen with absolutely no way to conceal the mess, and no place designated for folding laundry.
The free standing cabinet that the owners purchased which was placed in the same area and served as the only pantry for the family and pets.
In these next images you can see a few of the construction milestones and what a massive change it made to remove the existing wall between the kitchen and dining areas. We also removed the kitchen soffit to level-up the entire ceiling in the NEW kitchen and dining space.
Meeting the needs of our clients throughout the entire project requires trust, and a steady, consistent, and timely communication, detailed and accurate thoughtful preparation, and prompt responses when questions arise.
During the design phase and preparation for construction, a “live” timeline was produced and shared with the client which was maintained throughout the project in “real time”. All construction was sequenced and scheduled PRIOR to demo. We had only 10 weeks from demo to move in, so it HAD to be organized. Again, COMMUNICATION and prompt decision making was KEY.
As you can see, THIS KITCHEN checks ALL the boxes.
We solved ALL the challenges and delivered a bright, open, inviting, and INCREDIBLE modern farmhouse kitchen with every luxurious organization detail included. On time. On budget.
I believe the word our client used to describe living in her new kitchen was, “BLISSFUL”. We’ll take it!
We’re always so very grateful to have the privilege and opportunity to earn the trust of our Clients. It takes real teamwork, experience, passion, patience, dedication, consistency, focus and skill to do the work we do; and what an amazing feeling it is to hear that we have created “BLISS” for our clients.
We hope you enjoyed our MODERN FARMHOUSE project reveal, and hope you have been inspired. See what our client shared about their experience here.
As always, if you have any project questions or if you want WORK WITH US, tell us about YOUR next project and please say “HELLO” by contacting us here. Fill out our questionnaire, and let’s get started!
FOLLOW US on Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Pinterest and if you LIKE this post, please share it with friends! Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to our newsletter and get your FREE DOWNLOAD, so you don’t miss a thing!
Thanks for stopping by and we’ll see you next time!